Are you looking to buy Polymaker PolyTerra Dual Matte PLA Filament 1kg 1.75mm in Australia?
PolyTerra™ Dual Matte PLA delivers a smooth matte surface finish with a dynamic colour transition effect. Manufactured with Polymakers Jam-free™ technology.
- Matte dichromatic / dual colour filament.
- Sustainable sourced Polymaker Matte PLA formula
- Smooth matte surface finish.
- Optimized for easier support removal.
- High speed capable on suitable hardware.
- Excellent printer compatibility.
- Jam-free™ technology improves compatibility with all-metal hotends.
- Sustainable cardboard spool & packaging.
PolyTerra™ PLA Dual is a dichromatic matte PLA 3D printing filament that is manufactured with two different colours to give models a striking dual-coloured effect. Based on Polymakers PolyTerra™ Matte formula, this bioplastic filament is sourced naturally to provide ease of use, printing quality, speed and reliability. It is the perfect choice for creating colourful models with a smooth matte surface finish that hides the layers.
Dichromatic Matte Finish - PolyTerra™ Dual PLA is a high quality dual colour matte filament that offers a beautiful and dynamic colour transition effect for your 3D prints delivering a fun multi-colour filament for hobbyists, educators and small businesses. Print parts with a beautiful matte surface finish and unleash your imagination with Polymakers fun and vibrant dual colour range.
- Optimized for Support - PolyTerra™ Dual PLA has been engineered with excellent support removal properties, enabling users to more easily break away support or rafts from the surface of their prints.
- High Speed Capable - Polymaker have engineered the base PolyTerra™ PLA formula with ideal flow properties to deliver a filament which is capable of high speed printing (only on suitable hardware).
- Bioplastic Matte PLA Formula - PolyTerra™ Dual PLA is based on a newly developed material from Polymaker called FBC (Fully Bio Compound). It is a compound of high quality Ingeo PLA compounded with naturally occurring elements. The result is a PLA filament with less plastic content that feels softer and more ductile / less brittle on the spool. Polymakers FBC formula contains less PLA plastic to degrade which improves the speed of degradation under specific industrial conditions. Like other PLA's, the degradation rate is still very slow in ambient temperatures.
- Ductility (X-Y) - PolyTerra™ Dual PLA is softer than regular PLA, delivering improved ductility in the horizontal X-Y axis than standard PLA formulations. Whereas a test bar in standard PLA will snap when bent, PolyTerra™ Dual PLA will tend to gradually bend and fracture in the horizontal axis.
- Compatibility / Jam-Free™- PolyTerra™ Dual PLA is compatible with a wide range of 3D printers and is manufactured with Polymakers Jam-Free™ technology which leads to excellent printing quality with zero risk of nozzle jams caused by heat creep . PolyTerra™ Dual PLA works well on most printing surface with a thin layer of glue stick applied, no heated bed is required but can sometimes be used at 40 - 50°C for better results (maximum 60°C).
- Uncompromised Quality - PolyTerra™ Dual PLA filament is made with the highest quality ingredients including Ingeo® from Natureworks; a high quality PLA material produced from rapidly renewable plant resources in the US. Combining Polymakers innovative R&D technologies, compounding and extrusion systems with Natureworks Ingeo® resins produces a reliable 3D printing filament to print beautiful and accurate models.
 Heat creep is the the process of heat spreading irregularly throughout the hot end, one common example is with all metal hot end designs. Once heat creeps towards the cold end, the PLA filament softens prematurely in the cold end and expands resulting in a jam. Polymakers Jam-Free™ technology increases the heat resistance of the filament itself (not the printed part) to 100˚C which prevents the filament from prematurely softening in the cold end and can still melt rapidly once entering the heating zone.
Tips for Printing Dichromatic Filament
- Dichromatic / dual colour filaments print the best when the outside perimeters of the part are all printed in the same direction for each layer, not all slicers do this by default. You can view the direction of the tool path in slicer preview.
2. PolyTerra Dual PLA is wound carefully to ensure correct colour alignment on the spool. To achieve the best result, make sure the filament doesn't twist in the feeding path. If the filament twists during printing, the position of the two colours will shift throughout the print resulting in a striping effect. Some users find this effect desirable while others don't. Some level of twisting is common with most 3D printers on the market but excessive twisting may be more likely with some printers depending on their spool mount, hot end and extruder design. Using a high quality dual geared direct drive extruder and mounting the spool in a straight position that avoids twisting can help reduce this striping effect.
- Smaller melt zones are better for dichromatic / dual colour filaments. This effect works because our 3D printers print with a laminar flow and so the two colours don't mix. Volcano- style hotends or CHT-style nozzles can produce mixing that reduces the dual-colour visual effect.
- It can be useful to print an alignment coin to tell you exactly where the colour change will occur. The angle will be different for every printer setup, but we have found that if the printer and spool stay in the same orientation, the alignment doesn't change from spool to spool.
Storage: It is recommended to store PolyTerraTM PLA in the PolyBoxTM to prevent moisture absorption which will lower the quality and the mechanical properties of the print. If the filament has absorbed moisture it can be dried at 55 ̊C for 6 hours in a convection oven.
TDS Disclaimer: The typical values presented in Polymakers data sheet are intended for reference and comparison purposes only. Due to the nature of 3D printing they should not be used for design specifications or quaity control purposes.
Why Choose Phaser FPV?
Here’s Why 1000s of Buyers Trust Us
In the sky-high world of FPV drones and related products, Phaser FPV takes you higher and further – while ensuring a smooth ride every step of the way. As a human brand that puts its clients first, here are a few of the ways we keep giving our customers reasons to come back.
If you place your order with us before 1pm weekdays, we’ll ship it out on the same day you shopped. When we make a promise, we keep it. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any Phaser order that didn’t fly out of our facility on the day it was ordered.
We keep our website updated like hawks. If you see it and it says it’s in stock, you can order it today and get it tomorrow via express shipping.
We’ve spent almost a decade racking in countless 5-star reviews. Give them a read and you'll see everything we have said here is true!
Walk In Anytime
Can’t wait? Then don’t. We’re one of the only FPV drone + accessory stores to have a physical brick-and-mortar establishment in Somersby NSW Australia.
Our handpicked team of technology experts specialize in – and are boffins on – every product we sell. This means they can answer any and all of your technical questions with confidence. Go ahead, put us to the test.
We welcome our customers to reach out to us via email, phone, or LIVE chat. Phaser FPV is the only FPV business to have a dedicated phone line.
It’s clear to see why most of our business comes through word-of-mouth referrals. When you need the best in FPV & 3D Printing don’t settle for less. Demand the best – insist on Phaser FPV.