Are you looking to buy a Rat Rig 400mm V-Core 3.1 Standard Kit in Australia?
The V-Core 3 is a premium DIY kit for a CoreXY 3D Printer with no compromises. Learn everything about the V-Core 3 on the dedicated project page: v-core.ratrig.com.
Our kit includes ASA Rat Rig in house printed parts and also includes 1 bag of 50pcs M3xD4.6xL4 Threaded Knurled Heatset Inserts - You will require around 45 of these to install the EVA Toolhead.
We sell this kit with the included new Enclosure 2.0 as we assume you will want this to print ABS temps and beyond. Although it includes Enclosure 2.0 this does not mean panels are included so there are a few options for customers on how you build the kit.
Option 1 - You don't use panels to mount your electronics. Rat Rig did this for all their production builds so it's definitely possible however for ease of building we do not recommend this option.
Option 2 - You self-source your own panels
Option 3 - You buy our Rat Rig 3.1 Electonic Panels in Black Acrylic 3mm, and mount your electronics to the acrylic. It comes in four pieces (split panels) so that it can ship with your kit in the same box. (Full-size panel does not fit in for transit) - Please note there is a 1 week lead time before we ship as they are cut to order and we will ship this WITH YOUR 3.1 KIT (1 wk delay) Also note that if you are going for a full enclosure for ABS/ASA etc you should consider Option 4, not this one.
Option 4 - You purchase our full Rat Rig Polycarbonate Panel Kit - 4mm which includes the whole panel kit which has the full-size electronics panel required. ETA is May 2023 for delivery on this panel kit, we will ship it separately to your 3.1 Kit.
WARNING: This build requires a Raspberry Pi, but the kit currently doesn't include one!
Before buying this kit please note the following disclaimers/information.
- If you have never touched a 3D printer, do not buy this kit.
- This is a significant project/build to undertake. DC electronics, advanced 3D printer knowledge is recommended. It is assumed you know how to crimp cables, own a crimper. Experienced Rat Rig builders take 25-30 hours to complete a build. It's not uncommon for first-time builders to be taking 40-50 hours before everything is complete and ready to print.
- It is recommended you read the assembly manual in completion before committing to purchase and build a kit.
- Please note that we do not provide technical / building support via phone - We only support questions/support via email & discord.
This "Standard Kit" is meant for users who are unsure about which configuration options to choose, and are above all else interested in acquiring a kit as complete as possible, including all necessary electronics, and with proper documentation to guide them from beginning to end. If you're not feeling particularly adventurous, this is the V-Core 3 "walled garden" - this is where we recommend you should stay if you're just starting out and need someone to hold your hand and show you the way! ;)
For full transparency, this is our favourite machine configuration and the one we use on our own print farm.
The default configuration only lets you choose your desired build volume. For each build volume, this is what you are buying when you add this item to your cart:
- - 1x Rat Rig V-Core 3 (Mechanical Kit)
- - 1x BTT Octopus v1.1 + 6 x 2209 Drivers
- - 1x Phaetus Rapido UHF Hotend - Black - 1.75mm - 24V
- - 1x Bondtech LGX Lite Extruder
- - 5x Nema 17 Stepper Motor - 48mm - 1.8degree/step, 76oz-in (LDO-42STH47-2504AC)
- - 6x Nema 17 Stepper Motor Cables with lengths matching machine size
- - 1x Heater Bed Pad Kit (includes SSR)
- - 1x FlexPlate Set - Powder coated PEI
- - 1x Power Supply LRS 24V (Weho 250W for EU/UK customers, Meanwell 200W for Non-EU customers)
- - 1x GDSTime ball bearing fan - 40mm Axial Brushless 24V DC (ready with 1500mm cable and XH2.54 connector)
- - 1x Fan - 4028 Axial - Protechnic MGT4012WB-W28-C (1.2A / 12V / 23000RPM)
- - 1x "SuperPinda" Z probe by Pepperl & Fuchs (Inductive 5VDC Sensor)
- - 1x Endstop Kit matching machine size (includes X and Y limit switches, cables with pre-installed xh connectors)
- - 1x Printed parts (LGX Lite + Phaetus Rapido) - ASA Bright Green
We're working to get there, but for now, the default configuration is not the same as a turn-key, complete kit. Some items will need to be sourced elsewhere.
- - Power cord - you will need to source a power cord with a plug, to connect your machine to the wall. We don't supply them since we ship worldwide and different countries use different plug types.
- - Extra printed parts (LAN/IEC adapter, back-spine/nut/colar for cable routing on the electronics panel) - these cable management parts are non-essential and can be printed later.
- - IEC/Lan Plug - these are optional, and need to be user sourced.
- - Cable crimping - you may need a crimping tool to assemble your electronics. Learn more about cable crimping here.
- - Fasteners to mount electronics to back panel (8 generic nylon spacers are included for this purpose, though)
- - Depending on machine size and where you want to install the controller board, extension cables may be needed for the following components: BLTouch, SuperPinda, hotend heater and thermistor, limit switches - these components ship with short cables, and at the moment we do not stock extensions for them. We recommend sourcing the following cables:
To extend the cabling of your bltouch:
1x 22AWG Cable 5 Conductors 1500mm
To connect PSU, SSR and board:
3x 16AWG Cable 2 Conductors 500mm
- Browse all RAT RIG related products
- Browse all 3D Printed Supplies & Accessories
Why Choose Phaser FPV?
Here’s Why 1000s of Buyers Trust Us
In the sky-high world of FPV drones and related products, Phaser FPV takes you higher and further – while ensuring a smooth ride every step of the way. As a human brand that puts its clients first, here are a few of the ways we keep giving our customers reasons to come back.
If you place your order with us before 1pm weekdays, we’ll ship it out on the same day you shopped. When we make a promise, we keep it. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any Phaser order that didn’t fly out of our facility on the day it was ordered.
We keep our website updated like hawks. If you see it and it says it’s in stock, you can order it today and get it tomorrow via express shipping.
We’ve spent almost a decade racking in countless 5-star reviews. Give them a read and you'll see everything we have said here is true!
Walk In Anytime
Can’t wait? Then don’t. We’re one of the only FPV drone + accessory stores to have a physical brick-and-mortar establishment in Somersby NSW Australia.
Our handpicked team of technology experts specialize in – and are boffins on – every product we sell. This means they can answer any and all of your technical questions with confidence. Go ahead, put us to the test.
We welcome our customers to reach out to us via email, phone, or LIVE chat. Phaser FPV is the only FPV business to have a dedicated phone line.
Score a FREE gift on first and recurring orders, and discount shipping on orders over $99.
We’re on Social
We have nothing to hide. Follow us on social, tag @PhaserFPV, and become a part of our online community and family in our facebook group.
It’s clear to see why most of our business comes through word-of-mouth referrals. When you need the best in FPV & 3D Printing don’t settle for less. Demand the best – insist on Phaser FPV.