Are you looking to buy a Matek ExpressLRS ELRS Vario Receiver in Australia?
- Specific for the Gliders and other fixed-wings. Small in form factor, It can be installed in gliders with restricted payload bays such as DLG’s and high performance slopers. Not needing to install an additional altimeter/variometer also saves room and weight.
- The built in barometer provides vertical speed telemetry. The variometer sounds both ascending and descending tones, so you will know whether you are in lift or sink without having to look at your transmitter.
- with ExpressLRS firmware and CRSF protocol, this will also give you other telemetry data like battery voltage, current and GPS related.
- ESP8285, SX1281, ExpressLRS Firmware
- RF Frequency: 2.4GHz ISM (2400~2480MHz)
- Antenna connector: IPEX MHF-1
- Telemetry power: 12dbm
- CRSF-PWM-V converter with barometer integrated
- 7x PWM outputs (6x with power rails, PWM8 is just a signal pad)
- PWM frequency: 50, 100, 160, 330, 400Hz configurable
- PWM resolution: 4x 1024 position + 3x 128 position(ExpressLRS 2.0 Wide switch mode)
- 1x UART(2) for GPS
- 36V Max. battery voltage sense (1K:10K voltage divider built-in)
- Compatible with external Current sensor (0~3.3V)
- RxBt,Curr,Capa,Bat%,GPS telemetry and VSpd(Vario)
- Rated voltage: 3.5~9V @5V pad, 0~36V @Vbat, 0~3.3V @Curr
- Power dissipation: 50mA(binding), 90mA(wifi mode)
- No 5V regulator built-in, Servos must be powered via 5V pad on CRSF-PWM-V board by external 5V source.
- Failsafe value configurable
- Firmware upgradeable
- PCB Size: 27x16mm,
- Weight: 5g w/ antenna and 2.54 pins
- 1x ELRS-R24-V(includes CRSF-PWM-V and 2.4G Receiver)
- 1x IPEX MHF1 Antenna
- 2.54mm straight and 90° 3×6 Dupont pins
- 2.4GHz Receiver: ExpressLRS /DIY_2400_RX_ESP8285_SX1280, V2.0 or newer
- CRSF-PWM-V: crsf_pwm_v2.0 or newer
Pinouts and Pads
- Tx1/Rx1(UART1) for Receiver integrated
- Tx2/Rx2(UART2) for GPS/firmware update/setting parameters
- 1~8: CH1~CH8 PWM outputs
- Curr: current sensor signal (0~3.3V)
- Vbat: 0~36V Battery voltage sensing
- G: ground
- 4v5 pad voltage = 5V pad voltage -0.3V.
- no 5V regulator built-in, need to power on the board and receiver via external 5V source
Failsafe (FW 2.0.0 or newer)
- CH3 is arranged for the throttle, Failsafe value = 988 by default. you can change the failsafe value of CH3 and other channels by following settings.
- Make sure ESC signal is disconnected from CRSF-PWM board before starting failsafe settings
- Bridge PWM1 and PWM2 signal pad, then power on CRSF-PWM board and receiver.
- Failsafe value will be saved automatically after CRSF-PWM board is powered on and receive CRSF signal. LED blinks 8 times quickly.
- Failsafe value = The PWM value of each transmitter channel when CRSF signal is received by CRSF-PWM board.
- Remove the jumper between PWM 1 and 2, then CRSF-PWM board will work in normal PWM output mode.
- slow blinks: CRSF-PWM board doesn’t receive CRSF signal, e.g., receiver is not bound with transmitter.
- solid ON: CRSF-PWM board and receiver are working normally
- 5x fast blinks after powering on for 10 seconds: CLI mode is active
- Compatible with GPS NMEA protocol, 1Hz, Baud 9600~115200
- GPS “TX” to CRSF-PWM board “RX” Single wire half duplex UART connection, CRSF-PWM board “TX” to GPS “RX” is not essential.
- Support GPS Telemetry ID: GPS, GSpd, Hdg, Alt, Sats
- u-blox series GPS can output “0+1 – UBX+NMEA” protocol by default
- Sensors(GPS, GSpd, Hdg, Alt, Sats) will blink in Transmitter TELEMETRY tab once CRSF-PWM board has connection with GPS.
- Troubleshooting for no GPS telemetry, double check the wiring between GPS and CRSF-PWM board, some u-blox GPS may don’t output NMEA protcol, you need to revert GPS to default configuration in u-center.
- with OpenTX Telemetry Logging, You can plot your flight path or search the lost plane.
- Barometer SPL06-001 (I2C address 0x76) integrated
- VSpd telemetry is supported by ExpressLRS 2.0, EDGE 2.6, OPENTX 2.2 or newer.
TIM & PWM Frequency
- PWM frequency on all 10x Channels can be configured according to TIM
- PWM run at 50Hz by default
- TIM2: CH1, CH2, CH4
- TIM16: CH3
- TIM3: CH5, CH6, CH7, CH8
- If CRSF-PWM board doesn’t detect GPS connected to UART2 within 10 seconds after powering on, CLI mode will active.
- After CLI mode is active, CRSF-PWM board can be connected to configurator via USB-TTL module/FC passthrough.
- in CLI mode, CRSF-PWM board firmware can be updated
- CLI mode has no effect to receiver CRSF signal and PWM outputs
- Pls view CRSF TO PWM CONVERTER page for firmware update of CRSF-PWM-V board
- Receiver has ExpressLRS 2.2.0 preloaded with binding phrase “123456”, the Receiver will never enter binding mode if using the traditional binding procedure.
- It must be flashed without a binding phrase to do traditional binding OR flashed with your binding phrase.
Flashing via Wifi
- Disconnect ESC and servos from receiver first.
- Power on receiver by 5V source. Receiver’s LED(Red) will blink slow at first, and after 20s, it should blink fast indicating it’s on Wifi Hotspot Mode.
- More detailed steps, pls refer this page.
- Target: DIY_2400_RX_ESP8285_SX1280_via_WIFI
Flashing via UART
- Disconnect ESC and servos from receiver first.
- Wire the receiver into the USB-TTL adapter, with TX on receiver connected to the Rx on the USB-TTL, and RX on receiver connected to the Tx of the USB-TTL. Wire 5V and GND of the USB-TTL to 5V and GND of the Receiver.
- Press the boot button while powering on the receiver and CRSF-PWM board, (either button on reeciver board or button on CRSF-PWM-V board). and release – the Red LED on receiver should now be solid. and Blue LED on CRSF-PWM-V should now be fast blink
- Select the target DIY_2400_RX_ESP8285_SX1280 and “UART” for Flashing Method, set your bind phrase and Firmware Options and once done, click on Build and Flash.
Why Choose Phaser FPV?
Here’s Why 1000s of Buyers Trust Us
In the sky-high world of FPV drones and related products, Phaser FPV takes you higher and further – while ensuring a smooth ride every step of the way. As a human brand that puts its clients first, here are a few of the ways we keep giving our customers reasons to come back.
If you place your order with us before 1pm weekdays, we’ll ship it out on the same day you shopped. When we make a promise, we keep it. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any Phaser order that didn’t fly out of our facility on the day it was ordered.
We keep our website updated like hawks. If you see it and it says it’s in stock, you can order it today and get it tomorrow via express shipping.
We’ve spent almost a decade racking in countless 5-star reviews. Give them a read and you'll see everything we have said here is true!
Walk In Anytime
Can’t wait? Then don’t. We’re one of the only FPV drone + accessory stores to have a physical brick-and-mortar establishment in Gosford NSW Australia. You’ll get to meet one of our friendliest – and fluffiest – employees, the Phaser FPV house dog, Piper!
Our handpicked team of technology experts specialize in – and are boffins on – every product we sell. This means they can answer any and all of your technical questions with confidence. Go ahead, put us to the test.
We welcome our customers to reach out to us via email, phone, or LIVE chat. Phaser FPV is the only FPV business to have a dedicated phone line.
It’s clear to see why most of our business comes through word-of-mouth referrals. When you need the best in FPV, 3D Printing and PEV Vehicles, don’t settle for less. Demand the best – insist on Phaser FPV.